MOVING OR NEW TO NORTH DURHAM?
PLEASE REACH OUT TO OUR OMHA DIRECTOR, DEREK WALMSELY AT [email protected] IF YOU HAVE MOVED OR ARE MOVING TO THE NORTH DURHAM AREA.
If you are moving to North Durham and want your player to be eligible to attend the Warriors Rep Tryouts, the following guide will provide a step by step walk through of what’s required before attending tryouts.
A word on playing rep/competitive hockey in North Durham:
North Durham is a residence restricted association, and fully abides by OMHA Regulation 3.3 governing that only confirmed residents of the North Durham MHA shall be eligible to tryout, and be rostered to a Rep team.
Rep Teams that fall under this regulation:
All levels from U8-U18 AA, A, BB and MD
North Durham does accept a maximum of 3 Non-Resident Players from U12-U18.
Please note if you are moving to the North Durham area from outside the OMHA (GTHL, Alliance, NOHA) you must contact your outgoing member partner directly. Your outgoing centre will process your move and notify the OMHA/NDMHA if your move has been approved. Only then would you be eligible to tryout and be rostered to a North Durham team.
If you are moving from another OMHA centre, please follow the steps below.
Please read the instructions in its entirety and follow accordingly. Applications that are not complete will not be processed and will only delay completion.
Step 1: Obtain the necessary documents:
- Copy of birth certificate for player
- Copy of purchase or rental agreement (amounts can be blacked out)
- Copy of drivers license with new North Durham address
- Copy of home insurance with new North Durham address
- Copy of bills with the new North Durham address (the more the better)
- Copy of school enrollment confirmation (citing school year)
- A letter authorizing the OMHA to call and confirm school attendance throughout the year
- Notary Public Affidavit in split custody circumstances, with split residence, confirming the player resides within North Durham more than 50% of the time (joint-custody). . Note this can also be used as additional documentation in other family or custody orders
Optional Documents (ensure approval)
- Property Tax bill/statement for new North Durham Address
Step 2: Scan each document individually
- Do not scan all documents into one big file. Scan each as its own file/attachment.
- The attachments MUST be in PDF format (the only acceptable format) and each document must be smaller than 3MB.
Step 3: Complete: OMHA RESIDENTIAL TRANSFER FORM
Step 4: Send all documents to [email protected]
We will advise once the transfer is complete and you are able to Register with North Durham MHA
Please direct any questions and/or concerns to Derek Walmsley at [email protected]